Volunteering in Grant County
Marion Health has several volunteers who donate thousands of hours every year and help us offer a wide variety of services to our patients. All kinds of positions-suitable to all interests and skill levels are available seven days a week, making volunteering at Marion Health convenient for your personal schedule.
Volunteers work in patient and non-patient areas, with placement made according to the volunteers' interests and the hospital's needs. Our program seeks to meet the needs of our volunteers by creating a positive climate and ensuring that each volunteer has meaningful and challenging assignments.
Our volunteers are retirees, former patients, homemakers, husband/wife teams, professionals, and students. By volunteering your time and talents, you have the opportunity to assist the Hospital in providing the highest quality of health care to our community.
- Free meals while volunteering
- Opportunity to learn new skills
- Free uniforms
- Free parking
- Free flu shot
- Service hours
If you are interested in becoming part of our volunteer team:
- Call Volunteer Services at (765) 660-6410 and request an application be mailed to you or;
- E-mail email@example.com with name, address, phone number, and days/times available or;
- Click here to print the application, fill out and mail to Marion Health Volunteer Services, 441 N. Wabash Ave., Marion, IN 46952 or,
- Bring application in-person to Marion Health Volunteer Services (located on the 1st floor of the Hospital - West hallway)
Marion Health Auxiliary
The Auxiliary is made up of community members and volunteers who are dedicated to the Hospital. Since its inception, the Auxiliary has contributed hundreds of thousands of dollars for equipment and supplies to the Hospital. Its major fundraising effort is the Gift Shop, but there are many other fundraising events during the year. These activities are governed by a Board of Directors made up of active volunteers who donate many hours each year to the Auxiliary activities.
Membership in the Auxiliary is open to all volunteers and community men and women who wish to support the Hospital. You may join at any time by contacting the Gift Shop at (765) 660-6416. The Auxiliary appreciates your support.
Marion Health Memorial Garden
The Marion Health Memorial Garden, in the courtyard east of the cafeteria, was built in memory of former Plant Engineering Supervisor, Fred Gause and made possible by a generous donation and support from the Marion Health Auxiliary. The garden honors Marion Health employees, physicians and volunteers who have passed away, by displaying their names and departments on engraved bricks set around the base of a tranquil fountain.
Bricks can be purchased for a minimum donation of $50.
- Call Volunteer Services at (765) 660-6410 and request a brick donation form be mailed to you or;
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and request a form be e-mailed to you or;
- Click here to print the form, fill out and mail to Marion Health Volunteer Services, 441 N. Wabash Ave., Marion, IN 46952 (along with check) or,
- Bring form and check in-person to Marion Health Volunteer Services (located on the 1st floor of the Hospital - West hallway)