Cardiovascular Care in Grant County
At Marion Health, the same level of heart health expertise in bigger cities, at larger hospitals, is available right here in Grant County. You can be near your family and friends and avoid the problems associated with traveling out of town. Marion Health has partnered with experienced cardiologists and interventional cardiologists from St. Vincent's Medical Group, as well as registered nurses and registered radiology technicians, to perform the following procedures in state-of-the-art, totally digital cardiac catheterization/electrophysiology labs:
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Cardiac Ablation
- Electrophysiology Study
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD)
- Biventricular Pacemaker or ICD
- Electrical Cardioversion
- Percutaneous Coronary Angioplasty and Stent
At Marion Health, we have the quality and expertise needed to provide our Healthcare Community with the highest level of care close to home.
Marion Health has earned the designation of Accredited Chest Pain Center from the Society of Chest Pain Centers. Learn more here.
Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Clinic
- Education on how to prevent, care for, and recover from CHF
- Physical exams to assess the heart’s condition
- Diet building to cut out excess sodium and cholesterol
- Care and support from a team of board-certified cardiologists and registered nurses
- Assistance managing symptoms of CHF so you can enjoy a higher quality of life
The CHF Clinic is located on the first floor of the 330 building at Marion Health. Call us at (765) 660-6680 if you have any questions or concerns.
Our cardiac rehab program provides assistance for people who have had heart attacks, heart surgery, or have been diagnosed with a cardiovascular disease. This is a fitness-based program aimed at reducing risk factors for heart disease and cardiac events. Every patient’s experience in rehab is different, as programs are custom built to fit the needs and lifestyle of individual participants. A team of cardiologists, physiologists, and nurses work together to come up with your heart disease management plan.
The cardiac rehabilitation program is divided into three phase:
- Stage One, Education – The first step is educating you and your loved ones about heart disease so you can start thinking about what you can do to reduce your risk factors. Heart disease is regulated by lifestyle, meaning there are many things you can do to change your situation!
- Stage Two, Exercise – Cardio exercise is one of the best things you can do get your heart in a good place. If you have already suffered a heart attack, it is important to participate in a supervised program like this one so that you can ease the heart into its new routine.
- Stage three, Support – Heart disease is the number one cause of death in the United States. There are others who have had experiences similar to yours who can provide you with moral support as you work to make a positive life change.
Cardiac rehab sessions take place at Marion Health. Call (765) 660-6050 if you would like to learn more about the program.